When it's done it's done...or is it?

Monday, August 23, 2010

Are we as writers ever satisfied with our stories?

While waiting to hear from an agent who requested the entire manuscript, I'm contemplating adding to my already completed novel. Is it the wait that's triggered this insanity or unwillingness to let go of the daily hours and hours spent with my friends, the characters?

I know the next step will involve hours of editing even though I'd like to think that I'm that rare writer who writes the perfect piece, so why add more to it? What's compeling me to do this? Is it intuition or just a whim? I can ask myself the compeling questions about how it would enhance the story or is it necessary, but the question remains, do I leave it alone or start messing with it again?

I keep hoping that the agent will call saying "welcome to my client list." And then the question will be out of my hands.

1 comments:

Kevin said...

This was great to read, thanks

Photos

About Me

My photo
Hi! I’m Sandra Warren, a writer with very eclectic writing tastes. I’ve been fortunate to have publications in multiple genres including children’s, gifted education, parenting, how to, poetry, journal, educational activity guides and biography as well as audio and video production. I'm a city gal recently transplanted to the mountains of NC where glorious mountain vistas inspire latest renderings.

Post by RSS

Comment By RSS

Followers

Search This Blog

Translate