Firebird Book Award

Friday, January 15, 2021

 I've never been big on contests but when one of my books comes up a winner, it's easy to change my tune. 

Yesterday, I was notified that my historical fiction novel was awarded a FIRST PLACE in the HISTORICAL FICTION category for the SPEAK UP TALK RADIO FIREBIRD BOOK AWARDS. I entered the contest because the sponsors were sending all the proceeds to a worthy cause, a group that makes pillow cases for wounded veterans and their families. I always hoped my book, Obsessed By A Promise would be recognized but I never expected a First Place Award. I am thrilled, of course! 


Obsessed By A Promise is different than the other Orphan Train stories in that it is told from the point of view of a family member not from the child taken; a big brother charged with taking care of his little brother and the life long fifty-year search that ensues when the older brother loses him to the Orphan Train movement. The story is about family and how it transforms when a child is lost. 


If you enjoyed other Orphan Train stories, you need to check this one out and hopefully, like many other readers, you won't be able to put it down.  

Here's how to win a copy of the awarding winning Obsessed By A Promise: Leave a comment by January 20th and I will award Two Lucky Readers  an UNEDITED copy of Obsessed By A Promise, autographed if you like. A review on Amazon and/or Goodreads is always appreciated. 

Obsessed By A Promise   https://www.amazon.com/Obsessed-Promise-Sandra-Warren-ebook/dp/B07VV16ZC2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Obsessed+By+A+Promise&qid=1610726107&sr=8-1

*******

Contact Sandra Warren:  www.sandrawarren.com and/or  www.arliebooks.com 






6 comments:

Carol Baldwin said...

Congratulations, Sandra. I know this means a lot to you!

Joan Y. Edwards said...

Congratulations, Sandra! I am excited that you won First Place for Historical Fiction with Firebird Book Contest. Hurray for you and your great story!

Never Give Up
Joan

Sandra Warren said...

Thank you Carol and Joan. Yes, it means a great deal to me to have Obsessed By A Promise honored in this way. It's a story I've been obsessed with for over 20+ years!

Gretchen said...

I'm a little late to win a copy of the book, but since I already have one, no issue there. I do want to say the award is well deserved. This book is an epic. I pictured it on the big screen from the first page on.

Sandra Warren said...

Thank you Gretchen! I really appreciate your comment!

Shannon Mackle said...

Helloooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win Ex lover back in 48 hours......R.buckler11 (@gmail……com).

He cures herpes with herbal mixture

100% result guaranteed..

-GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES
-HPV
-DIABETES
-ERECTILE ERECTION
–HEPATITIS A,B AND C
-COLD SORE
-LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
-STROKE
-IMPOTENCE
-HYPERTENSION
-SHINGLES
-FIBROID
-BARENESS/INFERTILITY….

Photos

About Me

My photo
Hi! I’m Sandra Warren, a writer with very eclectic writing tastes. I’ve been fortunate to have publications in multiple genres including children’s, gifted education, parenting, how to, poetry, journal, educational activity guides and biography as well as audio and video production. I'm a city gal recently transplanted to the mountains of NC where glorious mountain vistas inspire latest renderings.

Post by RSS

Comment By RSS

Followers

Search This Blog

Translate